Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

I hope everyone has a nice new year's eve, and that 2006, is much gentler on us than 2005 was. Thankfully, everyone I know is healthy and there are signs of normality returning to New Orleans. I've been caught in visiting family for the better part of the last week and a half, hence no recent posts. That being said the whole domestic spying scandal has been developing.

During this time Cassandra had her 1st Birthday. While, I've not been able to post any pictures yet her celebrations were so important that we had people all the way from New Jersey come to join in the celebration. The cake was shipped in from New Orleans, and the party itself was in two parts; once in Miami, and then in Orlando. She got numerous toys; many of which I believe are actually meant to drive Elizabeth and I nuts. Cassie had a great time at each party and promised me, in a secret language, to be walking in the very near future.

While I and the rest of the world are trying to purchase Burger King meals at the rest stop near Ft. Pierce, Jack Abramoff continues to be the talk of Capitol Hill.

That being said; visiting family is always nice, catching up with people that you have known all of your life should be what vacations are about. Quite often,however, vacations often become a race of how to do as many things as possible in a very short period of time. In the last ten days , we have been lucky enough to visit both Elizabeth's cousins and my family quite extensively. I've known her cousins for many years, and got to catch up on the reconstruction from a local perspective.

The Congress did a wonderful thing in passing the Katrina relief without opening up the Arctic Wildlife Reserve. I am now going on record as suggesting that Senator Ted Stevens should not be reelected. You should never be able to stop legislation that is going to help people rebuild their communities, and homes., for someone's pet project. Never let me worry that Senator Stevens is going to let common decency overpower his political motivations.



I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year....

More next year....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home