Sunday, December 18, 2005

Just another Sunday

The holiday season is difficult for many people , myself and my wife included. The expectations of this season are so unrealistic that it causes some of us distress. You will read my complaints about the state of the nation and world, most of the time on this blog. However, as I think about it I can't imagine being in a better situation, personally, in my entire life.

My wife and I are very much in love and we have a wonderful 1-year-old daughter. As I sit here, I'm getting ready to sign her up for Florida's Prepaid College Plan. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about this program, and the sooner I get in the program the better. Cassandra is getting bigger and more wonderful every day, and the sooner I can plan for her future the better. O.K., that is a bit of a goal, but don't we all want our kids to be the best at whatever they do. We live in a very comfortable home, and do not need for anything. Add the fact that we will be lucky enough to enjoy the company of my family and her extended family (they are very close to me as well); I would say that we are very lucky.

I work with young people, every day, who are not nearly this lucky. For me not to be appreciative of all these gifts would be downright selfish. For a few moments this year, I am thankful for my amazing wife, and child and all the blessings that I have. Hopefully, next year, I can continue to appreciate these things, and help to make the world better than it was when I got here.

All the best to all of you, and have a wonderful holiday season.....

More later.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home