Sunday, December 17, 2006

Miracle on 125th St.

I would like to take this time to make mention of the miracle that my family and I experienced this very morning. Yes, my daughter, Cassie, continues to amaze us with her development. She continues to develop and loves learning her letters, she appears to be quite advanced for her age. But no, that is not the miracle that I am speaking of. My wife, Elizabeth has learned to put up with my idiosyncrasies, and still loves me as much as when we were first married. This I know is miraculous but it is not the miracle either. I am here to tell you that we went to breakfast out at a diner this morning.

Now you might say, lots of people do that. To successfully go to breakfast with a 2 year old is not easy. It is not like going to breakfast with a 30 year old. How many 30 year olds do you know that like to chew on sugar packets? Be honest. We sat down and everyone got to eat there breakfast, the waitress was very helpful, and observant. No orders were mangled. Nothing was sent back for being wrong or improperly cooked. The food even came out quickly. I do admit that the end of the meal was a bit rushed to accommodate the toddler, but how many of you wouldn’t have done that?

For those of you reading this, it appears to be your average run of the mill blog. Many of them have nothing to say, and on occasion this is one of them. I could have spent the last 2 paragraphs talking about how we need to pray for the well being of Senator Johnson. Or I could have mentioned the ramifications of the scientific research being done to cure Type I Diabetes. Both of these are very important national and global events. But neither of them has the historical significance of a family of three going to brunch on an average Sunday, and getting good service at Denny’s. That was truly miraculous.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! Denny's rocks! I miss Denny's! Come to think of it, as unbelievable as this may sound, I've never gotten bad service at a Denny's. Now ask Elizabeth about the cockaroach pancake I got at IHOP on 163rd street! Ugh, talk about cruddy customer service!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home