Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What am I willing to do to save the planet?

While some Democrats are very supportive of Al Gore, I’m not one of them. He had his chance and did not succeed in becoming President. I do however appreciate his current activities in supporting the environmental movement. I want the world to be in the best condition it can be in for my daughter and generations after her.

That being said scientists are getting more and more knowledgeable about what the costs of global warming are. A British group has concluded a recent study about the costs of stabilizing greenhouse gases. Apparently, the least amount of suggested action would cost each family the equivalent of one night out at dinner per year. As a trailblazer and a progressive I hereby promise to go to Deanie's one less time each year in an effort to save the planet. That pledge is contingent on the U.S. government implementing the ideas in this study. Otherwise I’m going to east as much fried seafood and pasta as possible.

If you would like to see the article I’m talking about click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home