Are You From Louisiana?
If you ain't from
1. You can properly pronounce Lecompte,
2. You think other people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.
3. Newspapers make the best table cloths when setting the table for a Crawfish Boil.
4. You've had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" all on the same day.
5. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
6. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
7. You've seen people wear bib overalls or LSU shirts at funerals.
8. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
9. You measure distance in minutes, not miles.
10. Little Smokies and anything on a Ritz Cracker are something you serve only on special occasions.
11. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
12. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit to wear each day.
13. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
14. People you know have used an LSU or Saint's football schedule to plan their wedding date.
15. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
16. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer,
17. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it or 8 foot pilings.
18. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab is.
19. You know everything goes better with '
20. You learned how to shoot a gun, bait a hook before you learned how to multiply.
21. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin'" to send them to you friends before "makin" groceries, or "goin by your Mama's.
22. Red beans and Rice are ALWAYS served on Mondays.
23. Po-Boys have nothing to do with one's economic status.
24. Katrina and Rita are no longer acceptable names for new born babygirls.
25. AND THE "F" WORD is now pronounced FEMA.
Finally, you are a 100% Louisianan if you have ever had this