Tuesday, September 11, 2007

President Bush is a great friend of the Jews

Tonight, we were watching MSNBC . I think we are their entire audience sometimes. One of the commentators noted that President Bush had made a point of wishing the Jews a Happy and Healthy Rosh Hashanah . No matter how perfect we all think he is.... please read the message closely.

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
September 5, 2007

Presidential Message: Rosh Hashanah, 5768

I send greetings to those around the world celebrating Rosh Hashanah.

The sound of the Shofar heralds the beginning of a new year and a time of remembrance and renewal for the Jewish people. During these holy days, men and women are called to reflect on their faith and to honor the blessings of creation.

The enduring traditions of Rosh Hashanah remind us of the deep values of faith and family that strengthen our Nation and help guide us each day. As Jewish people around the world come together to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, it is a chance to look to the new year with hope and faith.

Laura and I send our best wishes for a blessed Rosh Hashanah and shanah tovah.

GEORGE W. BUSH

# # #


Return to this article at:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/09/20070905-2.html



Could someone please tell me that he intended to send this a week early. Does he not yet know about 24 hour news cycles? With the recent purge of staff from the West Wing, are there no Jews left in the Administration? Couldn't they just double check with one before sending this out?

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Each time I look at your blog and see the title of this post, I'm reminded of Sally Field's too-cute-for-words Oscar acceptance speech "You like me, you really like me!".

FROM Wikipedia:
Her gushing acceptance speech is well-remembered for its earnestness. In it, Field stated "I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!".[1] The line ending in "...I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!" is often misquoted as simply "You like me, you really like me!" which has subsequently been the subject of many parodies. (Field parodied the line herself in a commercial.)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home