Sunday, September 16, 2007

Toilet Training, Larry Craig and the Administration

Obviously, it is unfortunate that these three things have something in common. My daughter, Cassie, has started using the toilet. She is definitely making progress, and we are well into the pull ups stage. It's a very exciting time for her and for us. It is a step in the right direction. Congratulations, Cassie. Now why am I writing about this?

Well, I've been mulling this post over for about a week. As I sat at the Miami Hurricanes football game, I started to think about some of these things again. Let it be known that this was partially caused by the Hurricanes performance on the field. The game moved my bowels; it was truly that bad.

I was talking to a friend who said he heard that Larry Craig pled guilty to the offense while actually in the bathroom. For those of you who do not understand this reference, the saga of Sen. Craig can be found here. My friend said that his understanding was that there was no hearing, Sen. Craig pled guilty on the spot. He later explained that there was some sort of judge in the men's room in the airport. While Lorne Michaels and "Saturday Night Live" could do wonders with this, I found it a bit hard to believe.

The final topic that moved me to write this post, and constantly seems to upset my stomach, is George W. Bush's Administration. General Petraeus went before Congress this week. He could not say that the American involvement in Iraq was making us a safer nation. I'm not certain what our goals are there. What worries me more is that I'm not certain anyone else knows what the American goals are. So the Administration is happy to announce that they are pulling 2000 troops out. Those troops were supposed to rotate out anyway. How is the Administration treating these fine young men and women they continually talk about? I wonder how long after January 2009 my stomach will continue to be upset.

At least all it causes me is an upset stomach....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home