Sunday, October 28, 2007

SCHIP is dead and I don't feel so good myself

First of all, I need to thank Lewis Grizzard for the title of this blog. I'm a bit under the weather, which is one of the reasons for the lack of recent posts. I'm taking any number of medications almost all over the counter because our healthcare system might be sicker than I am.

Our daughter, Cassie is doing well. She was a fairy princess for Halloween. Did anyone out there know that Halloween was originally New Year's Eve on the Celtic calendar? Using Wednesday as a marker, I would hope that we could all focus on getting the country back in the right direction. Noah, what in the heck are you talking about. Yeah, I know this blog is a bit all over the place. But, I figure if it is a new year we can make a resolution to start improving the country.

Sure SCHIP is not going anywhere, but its funding technically runs out in mid-November. Could someone please tell me why the President is so against funding healthcare for children. Would it be the country's 1st foray into government run health care? I don't think so. There is Government run health care through Medicare, and Medicaid.

Maybe, SCHIP is too expensive and Congress has not spelled out a way to pay for this program. That isn't exactly true. The program would be fully funded by cigarette taxes.

Maybe, George W. Bush is just having a goold old Ghoulish laugh at the condition in which he is leaving this country and its people.

Remember this is all part of his plan "Every Child Left Behind".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home