Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A day late and apparently a dollar short

I received this today at 3:23 PM

Is this a serious mental problem or just his age showing?


My Friends,

Today, April 15th, marks the deadline when all Americans must file their income taxes. While many of us are aggravated and displeased when we see exactly how much of our hard-earned money goes to the federal government - if one of my Democratic opponents is elected in November, you can be certain your tax rate will increase across the board.

When we elect our next president in November, we will make a clear statement about the direction we want to take our economy and our tax system. As I have said before, this election will present Americans with a clear choice between my vision for our country and that of my Democratic opponents.

I believe today, as I have always believed, in small government, fiscal discipline and low taxes. I believe that tax cuts work best when accompanied by lower spending. And I make the promise to you that if elected president, I plan to make the present tax cuts permanent, lower corporate rates from 35% to 25% and end the Alternative Minimum Tax, which will affect millions of middle class families.

But I cannot succeed in my efforts without your immediate financial support.

I know the Democrats will criticize me relentlessly for proposing tax cuts, and they have raised more than $400 million to spend attacking my candidacy and our shared conservative ideals. My campaign must be financially prepared to respond to this criticism, and that's why I ask that you follow this link immediately to make a donation of $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or up to the legal limit of $2,300.

There is a lot at stake in this election. If either of my Democratic opponents, Senators Clinton or Obama is elected, they have made it perfectly clear they plan to raise your taxes.

Senators Clinton and Obama have called for higher income taxes, higher social security taxes, higher investment taxes and higher corporate taxes. They have both already laid out plans to pass record-setting tax increases.

My friends, this is not the kind of change our country needs. Your immediate donation is absolutely critical because as we've seen from their record-setting fundraising efforts, Senators Clinton and Obama will do whatever it takes to win in November. My campaign must be financially prepared for what will be a great contest come November.

I hope I can count on your immediate financial support. Thank you.

Thank you,


John McCain

P.S. My Democratic opponents are more determined than ever before to win the White House in November. To date, they've raised over $400 million for their efforts. If elected, both Senators Clinton and Obama have made it clear they will raise your taxes. I want to cut your taxes and reduce the wasteful spending that has taken over Washington, but I will not succeed in my efforts without your immediate financial support. Please follow this link right away to make a contribution of $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or any other amount up to the legal limit of $2,300. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home