Friday, May 08, 2009

Definition of an Idiot: Feherty Should be Fired!!!!

id⋅i⋅ot
   /ˈɪdiət/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [id-ee-uht] Show IPA
–noun
1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
2. Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.
Origin:
1250–1300; ME < L idiōta < Gk iditēs private person, layman, person lacking skill or expertise, equiv. to idiō- (lengthened var. of idio- idio-, perh. by analogy with stratiōtēs professional soldier, deriv. of stratiá army) + -tēs agent n. suffix

Synonyms:
1. fool, half-wit; imbecile; dolt, dunce, numskull.


Sometimes I hear things that make me stop and think. Last night was one of those times. Cassie, our four year old daughter, had gone to bed, so we were no longer watching Fairly Oddparents.I was thanking G-d for non-animated television, when we Elizabeth and I flipped the channel to Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

This is what I saw....



We have friends that are of all political persuasions, some actually farther to the left than yours truly. I know, I know that is really hard to believe. Here is my question, when did political disagreement for many become justification for the disappearance of civility?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home